Seven Tips for Vigilant Home Safety:
- Open lines of sight on your property. Not only make sure you can see out, but ensure your neighbors have adequate visibility of your home and access points.
- Exterior lighting needs to be bright enough to see 100ft from your home. Light up entry points. Consider motion sensor lights in less frequented areas on your property.
- Using inside lighting timers or home automation are great ways to bring life or perceived occupancy to your home when you are away.
- Never hide spare keys near your door or in the glove box of your car.
- Let at least one of your trusted neighbors know when you will be away from your home for an extended amount of time.
- Make sure your house number is visible from the street.
- Consider using alarm company signs and decals as a deterrent.